Monday, September 5, 2011

CADERS (Early Readers): Posting #15

I will be continuing the CADERS readers from last year. Go back to November 14th to get an explanation of these books, then look for my posts, title "CADERS (Early Readers)" to copy the stories. (They were first named "Berenson Books.")

This one practices /ing/ and silent e.

Note: These are only meant for parents and teachers. These are not for someone else's website or for selling.


          The King Who Liked To Sing

There was this king.
He liked to sing.
He sang all day long.
"La, la, la, la," he sang.

When he swung on his swing, he sang.
"La, la, la, la."
When he hung by his hands
from a tree, he sang.
"La, la, la, la."
When he banged on his gong, he sang,
"La, la, la, la."

Then one day a bee
stung the king.
When the king tried to sing,
all he could do was go,
"Buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz."
Buzz?

And his hands just wanted to flap.
Flap?
He couldn't stop.
Buzz, buzz, flap.
Buzz, buzz, flap.
Buzz, buzz, flap.

I like your buzz,"
said his mom.
"I like your flap,"
said his dad.
"Well, I don't,"
said the king.
"I will give gold if you
could help me stop.
I will give you a LOT of gold!"

So if you see a king one day
who is buzzing and flapping,
maybe you can stop
and help him.

Maybe you will be the one
to help him stop.
Maybe you will win
all that gold!

          When I Wake